Regarding: The Corona Virus (and the regular Influenza virus for that matter too)
Here are some concrete steps you and your family can AND SHOULD take RIGHT NOW to boost up THE ONLY THING THAT HAS BEEN FOUND TO BEAT the CORONAVIRUS- YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM. I love the UVA men’s Basketball team and Tony Bennet. They are most famous for winning the NCAA tournament last year. They did it mostly through their nearly impenetrable defense dubbed “The Pack Line”. But for as efficient as it is, the other team ALWAYS scores baskets and UVA didn’t win the Champion title on defense alone. They also had to play offense and score a bunch of points too! It’s the same for beating viruses (and other pathogens too).
You need a strong DEFENSE as well as an effective OFFENSE. So play your defense with regard to Coronavirus like sneezing into your arm, washing your hands frequently and keeping social distancing in mind, but you also have to play offense and build up that immune system because for as good as your defense is, some of us still will catch a bug. Below are my top recommendations. First and foremost. Be informed but try NOT to PANIC. Gluing your eyes to the TV set and social media and constantly worrying about such things can cause worry and anxiety which in turn is known to DECREASE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM. The coronavirus has no proven treatment or available vaccine. So, what are we left with? Our immune system – the body’s built-in FORCE FIELD.
Aside from minimizing large social gatherings, frequently washing your hands and not touching your face, along with other common good hygiene practices, here’s how you can support your immune system:
1. Get Adjusted. Did you know that chiropractic adjustments have been proven to boost our immune systems by 48%? Yes, even though you may not even have back or neck pain, getting tuned up can really help your own body’s defenses in the fighting off the Coronavirus (as well as the influenza virus). Read this blog by a colleague of mine on how well patients did under chiropractic and osteopathic adjustments during the deadly 1918 flu epidemic aka “The Spanish Flu” that killed 675,000 Americans. This Pandemic had a 10% death rate among all patients afflicted by it. However, those under chiropractic and osteopathic care only had a 0.25% rate. https://praxfamilychirollc.acemlnb.com/lt.php?s=597027ff53ba68626410af30b855a0db&i=110A140A1A862.
2. Home Therapies. If you have not been doing your home therapies per the doctor’s recommendation now is the time to “get back in the saddle”! For most patients that should be twice per day. Don’s skimp now.
3. A clean diet is critically important. Make sure to avoid pro-inflammatory and immune dysregulating foods such as sugar, dairy, alcohol, gluten, and processed foods. We recommend following even more strictly any prescribed diet on your program or the Paleo Diet.
4. Maintaining a good sleep routine will also be important. Most adults need at least 7 – 8 hours. Children and teens need more. Keep on a routine too. Try and get to bed at or near the same time every night…AND TURN OFF THE TV!
5. Take supplements known to boost immunity. Adults: Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Vitamin A, L-Lysine, daily Pre/Probiotic foods/drinks and 1-3 daily doses of “Ion-Biome” (aka “Restore”). Email us for personalized recommendations.
6. Other immune supporters; Colloidal Silver, Oregano, Olive Leaf, Andrographis, and Garlic.
7. Practice Mindfulness Techniques like meditation, prayer, sunshine, fresh air, movement or even just quiet time. The brain and body need rest in order to recuperate.
8. Essential oils such as thieves, cilantro and frankincense are also very beneficial.
Here’s a video I did recently on immunity as well. https://youtu.be/6T7-d6E-SQ4